The furnace is a critical component in any home, as it provides heat and comfort during winter months. Unfortunately, furnaces are prone to malfunctioning or breaking down, often without warning. If your furnace stops working correctly, it’s important to be aware of the top five causes for emergency furnace repair in Lake Zurich, IL so that you can take action quickly and efficiently. This article will provide an overview of these common causes and the steps you can take to ensure that your furnace is running properly again.
- Electrical Problems: The most common cause of emergency furnace repair is electrical problems with the unit itself or its connection to your home’s electrical system. Make sure all wires are connected properly and securely, check circuit breakers, look for any signs of fraying or damage to the wiring, and clean any dust that may have accumulated on or near it. If you are still experiencing issues, call a professional as soon as possible.
- Clogged Air Filters: Clogged air filters can cause your furnace to overheat and break down prematurely. To prevent this from happening, check your air filter regularly and replace it when necessary – typically every two months for most modern furnaces.
- Pilot Light Malfunctions: Another common problem is issues with the pilot light’s ignition system. This could be due to a variety of factors including improper installation or a dirty burner assembly. Check your owner’s manual for instructions on how to properly reset the pilot light or contact a professional for assistance. With proper furnace maintenance in Barrington, IL, you can also prevent these issues from occurring in the future.
- Thermal Coupling Malfunctions: Thermal coupling is the component that allows gas to flow into your furnace and ignite the pilot light. If this component stops working, you’ll need an emergency furnace repair service right away to get your system up and running again.
- Wear and Tear: Furnaces can’t last forever – eventually, they will start to wear out due to normal use over time. This could be caused by age, lack of maintenance, or improper installation. It’s important to have regular tune-ups done on your furnace so you can catch any potential problems early on before they become major issues requiring emergency repairs.
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, don’t delay – contact an emergency furnace repair service in Lake Zurich, IL right away. With their help, you can get your furnace running again and enjoy comfortable temperatures inside your home regardless of the weather outside.
Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning is a family-owned and operated HVAC company with vast experience providing top-quality services including furnace installation in Hawthorn Woods, IL. Our team of skilled technicians is available 24/7 to ensure your furnace is running smoothly and efficiently so that you can enjoy a comfortable home all year round. Contact us today for more information or to schedule an appointment!