If your furnace breaks down in the middle of winter, you may be wondering what to do. Furnace repair 24-hour services are available, but there are a few things you can do to minimize the damage and keep yourself warm until help arrives. Read on for tips on how to take care of your furnace in an emergency.
1. To prevent any more damage, turn off the power to your furnace and call a professional 24-hour furnace repair in Lake Zurich, IL.
2. Cover or close your heating vents to trap as much heat in the home as possible and block cold air from coming in through them.
3. If it is safe, start a fire in your fireplace or wood-burning stove to provide some extra heat while you wait for the repair technician to arrive.
4. If your furnace is completely out, make sure all windows and doors are closed tightly so that warm air stays in and cold air stays out. This will help keep the temperature in your home from dropping too drastically.
5. Layer up and wear warm clothes to stay comfortable. Wear layers such as sweaters, hats, and scarves to keep your body heated up.
6. Make sure you have an emergency supply of blankets on hand so that everyone in the family can bundle up if necessary.
7. To ensure the safety of your home, ask a friend or family member to check in on you and your home periodically until the furnace is fixed.
By following these tips, you can help keep yourself safe and warm in an emergency until a professional heater repair service arrives to fix the issue.
Dependable Furnace Repair 24-Hour Service in the Lake Zurich, IL Area!
At Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., we are experienced with any type of emergency furnace repair or furnace tune-up near Lake Zurich, IL.
We are available 24 hours a day for your convenience and offer same-day services for many types of repairs. Contact Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. at 847-540-9585 to schedule an appointment or to know our furnace installation cost in Barrington, IL, or surrounding areas.