If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think much about your furnace until it’s time to turn it on for the winter. But if you’re in the market for a new gas furnace, then the installation is something you need to start thinking about. Here are 5 things you need to know about gas furnace installation in Lake Zurich, IL:
- Verify that your furnace is properly sized for your home. If it’s too small, it won’t be able to adequately heat the space; if it’s too large, you’ll end up with an inefficient system and a higher energy bill.
- Make sure you have the right type of venting material in place. Gas furnaces require metal or PVC piping to safely exhaust fumes outside of your home.
- Consider using a professional contractor for installation rather than trying to DIY it yourself. Properly installing a gas furnace requires knowledge, skill, and special tools which most homeowners don’t possess.
- Have your new furnace inspected by the city building inspector following installation, as this is required for safety reasons in Lake Zurich.
- Be sure to purchase a warranty for your furnace and keep all documents related to the installation in case any problems arise down the line. This will provide you with peace of mind knowing that your investment is protected. If possible, sign up for furnace maintenance in Long Grove, IL with a reliable contractor to ensure your furnace runs smoothly for years to come.
Installing a gas furnace correctly is vital for both safety and energy efficiency, so it’s important to make sure everything is done properly from start to finish. With this information in hand, you’ll be well on your way to having a safe, efficient gas furnace installed in Lake Zurich, IL.
At Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. we have years of trusted experience providing furnace installation and furnace repair in Hawthorn Woods, IL, and are committed to helping you choose the right system for your home.