Winter is here, and with it comes the need to ensure your furnace is in good condition. To keep your home warm, you must undergo regular maintenance on your furnace. Before winter sets in fully, take some time to assess how well your furnace is functioning so that you don’t face any issues when you most need it. Here are five points from the ultimate checklist for furnace maintenance in Lake Zurich.
- Check your air filter: The filter should be changed once every three months and more frequently if you have pets. A dirty air filter can significantly reduce the efficiency of your furnace.
- Inspect for leaks and drafts: Ensure all windows, doors, and other openings are properly sealed and insulated. If you notice any leaks, patch them immediately to maximize your furnace’s efficiency.
- Check the blower motor: The blower motor is an important component of your furnace that needs to be checked for proper functioning. Make sure it is properly lubricated and free from dirt and debris.
- Inspect electrical connections: Ensure all connections are secure and not corroded. If any parts of your furnace are corroded, replace them immediately to ensure proper operation.
- Check carbon monoxide levels: Carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas that poorly functioning furnaces can produce. Have your local HVAC technician come out and check the carbon monoxide levels in your home and ensure the furnace is running properly.
Book A Slot With Us For Efficient Furnace Operations!
Maintaining your furnace is essential for its proper functioning and efficiency. Following the points in this ultimate checklist ensures your home stays warm and cozy throughout winter. To take it further, have a professional HVAC technician for furnace installation in Hawthorn Woods, IL.
Do you need heat pump repair services in Barrington, IL? Call Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning at 847-540-9585, and our team will help you maximize the efficiency of your furnace. Get in touch now to get started!