Regular maintenance is key to reducing your energy bills and ensuring your HVAC system is running at its best. By neglecting regular maintenance, you could be wasting hundreds of dollars a year on electricity. Here are 5 reasons why regular A/C maintenance is key to reducing your energy bills.
Your system will run more efficiently
When your A/C system is well-maintained, it will run more efficiently and use less energy. This means that you’ll save money on your energy bills each month.
You’ll avoid costly repairs
By regularly maintaining your A/C system, you can avoid costly repairs down the line. A well-maintained system is less likely to break down and need expensive repairs.
Your system will last longer
Regular maintenance can extend the life of your A/C system. By taking care of your system, you’ll get more years out of it before you need to replace it.
You’ll stay comfortable all summer long
A well-maintained A/C system will keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. This is especially important if you live in a hot climate.
You’ll breathe easier
Regular A/C maintenance can improve indoor air quality by removing dust, pollen, and other airborne particles from the air. This is important for people with allergies or asthma.
By neglecting regular maintenance, you could be paying more than you need to on your energy bills. Be sure to schedule regular A/C maintenance with a qualified technician to keep your system running its best.
What Is Performed In A/C Maintenance Services?
While there are many DIY tasks you can perform at home to keep your A/C system running smoothly, it’s always best to hire a professional for annual maintenance. A professional technician will know exactly what needs to be done to keep your system running efficiently and avoid costly repairs.
Here is a general overview of what is performed in A/C maintenance services:
- Cleaning the unit – This includes cleaning the coils, fans, and other parts of the unit. This helps to remove dust and debris that can cause the system to work harder and use more energy.
- Checking the refrigerant level – The refrigerant level should be checked and adjusted if necessary. This is important for keeping the system running efficiently.
- Checking and cleaning the condensate drain – The condensate drain can become clogged with dirt and debris. This can cause water damage or mold growth. A professional will clean the drain and make sure it is clear.
- Lubricating moving parts – All moving parts should be lubricated to ensure they are working properly. This includes the fans, blowers, and compressor
- Checking electrical connections – All electrical connections should be checked for tightness and corrosion. This helps to prevent fires and other hazards.
- Inspecting the ductwork – The ductwork should be inspected for leaks. Leaks can cause the system to lose energy and increase utility bills.
- Testing the thermostat – The thermostat should be tested to ensure it is working properly. This helps to keep the temperature consistent and avoid wasted energy.
- Scheduling future maintenance – Once the initial maintenance is complete, you’ll need to schedule future appointments. This helps to keep the system running smoothly and avoid costly repairs.
What Is The Approximate Cost Of AC Maintenance?
The cost of A/C maintenance varies depending on the size of your unit and the type of service you need. However, most companies charge a flat rate for annual maintenance. This typically ranges from $500 to $2000.
It’s important to note that some AC repair companies may try to upsell you on additional services. Be sure to ask about the services included in the maintenance agreement before you schedule an appointment.
When Should You Schedule AC Maintenance?
It’s generally recommended that you schedule A/C maintenance in the spring, before the summer heat hits. This gives the technician time to inspect and service your system before it’s needed most. However, if you notice any problems such as strange noises or decreased airflow, be sure to call a technician right away.
Regular A/C maintenance is key to reducing energy bills and keeping your system running smoothly. Be sure to schedule an appointment with a qualified technician in the spring to get your system ready for the summer heat.
Schedule Your AC Services With Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning!
If you have any questions about A/C maintenance in Barrington, IL, and surrounding areas, be sure to get in touch with Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning. Our team of qualified technicians would be more than happy to help you keep your system running at its best.