Are you looking for a way to improve the air quality in your apartment or living space? Do you wish to have a healthier indoor environment? If so, then it might be time to take steps to improve your air quality. The following are several simple steps you can take to improve the indoor air quality in your Lake Zurich, IL residence:
- Replace old carpeting with hardwood or laminate flooring. Carpets are often one of the biggest culprits of indoor air pollution. Carpeting absorbs moisture and releases it into the air above it. This moisture can then attract mold, mildew, dust mites, pollen, and other irritants that cause allergies.
- Replace old appliances with new energy-efficient ones, if applicable. If you have an older dishwasher or refrigerator these can often emit harmful chemicals into the air. Newer appliances are often more energy-efficient, which also helps improve indoor air quality.
- Clean regularly to reduce or eliminate dust build-up. Dust build-up can attract mold and cause respiratory problems in people with allergies or asthma.
- Don’t smoke inside your residence. Cigarette smoke is one of the most common causes of indoor air pollution.
- Use fans or air conditioners instead of heaters to keep interior spaces cool in the summer and warm during cold months. This will allow you to avoid using artificial heating and cooling, which can emit harmful gasses into your apartment or residence.
- Consider getting a humidifier for, particularly dry areas. These will help you avoid using artificial heating and cooling for long periods, which can contribute to poor air quality in your residence. If you want to know about the latest humidifiers for your house, you can call one of the reputed indoor air quality companies in Lake Zurich, IL for assistance.
- Use all-natural cleaning products to clean your apartment or home instead of chemical-based ones. Most cleaners today contain chemicals that can result in irritation. The removal of these cleaners will help to improve the air quality in your residence.
- Avoid using products such as paint or carpet glue without ventilation if possible. These contain harmful gases and vapors that can irritate your eyes and lungs.
Achieving healthy indoor air quality is an ongoing process that requires regular attention and care. However, the benefits you will derive from it are well worth the investment of your time and money. Aaron & Trecker offers the best indoor air quality services in Lake Zurich, IL. Contact us at 847-865-8170 today for more information on how you can improve your indoor air quality.