It’s the middle of winter, and you walk into a cold house. Nothing is worse than that feeling of dread when you realize your furnace has malfunctioned. The chill quickly sets in as you race to find your phone so you can call for help with furnace repair in Lake Zurich. Don’t lose hope just yet! We’re here to lend an experienced hand before any drastic steps are taken on fixing your faulty HVAC system. In this blog post, we’ll review troubleshooting tips and solutions that should get the heat flowing through the vents once again!
- Examine the thermostat. Make sure it is set correctly and that all of the settings are NOT on HOLD. If the thermostat settings seem correct, check to make sure the batteries have fresh juice.
- Check for an obstruction in the air filter – a common culprit of furnace malfunctions. Replace your air filter if necessary.
- Inspect your pilot light/ignition system to make sure it’s functioning properly as these can be problematic when furnaces start acting up.
- Locate and turn off any switches that may have been flipped or tripped accidentally (i.e., circuit breakers).
- Ensure you have access to an adequate fuel supply (gas, electricity, etc).
- Last but not least, examine the ductwork for air leaks or damage. An air leak can allow cold air to enter the house and cause a furnace to malfunction.
If your furnace isn’t running after performing these troubleshooting steps, it may be time to call in a professional HVAC technician. It’s important as a homeowner that you know when it’s time to call for help with furnace repair in Lake Zurich; trying to take matters into your own hands without proper training can lead to more extensive (and expensive) problems down the line!
Professional HVAC technicians have the know-how and experience needed to diagnose your system accurately and repair any issues quickly and effectively — saving you time, money, and a lot of hassle. Also, if you need a new furnace installation near Lake Zurich, IL, it’s always best to have a professional HVAC company install the system for you.
Don’t let the winter chill take over your home any longer — contact a trusted HVAC technician like Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. today for help with furnace repair or furnace maintenance service in Lake Zurich, IL. Our team understands the importance of reliable heating and cooling, so you can trust us to get your system running again in no time!