Are you a Lake Zurich, IL homeowner with an AC unit? If you are, then now is the time to start prepping for the summer heat! DIY AC maintenance is essential for keeping your home cool and comfortable when temperatures reach their peak. It’s easy to take preventative measures between service appointments while saving money in the process. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the basic steps of DIY AC maintenance in Lake Zurich, IL so that you can keep your unit running efficiently all season long.
- Change the Air Filter: Dirty air filters are one of the most common causes of AC unit problems and can diminish efficiency, leading to higher energy bills. The general rule is to replace your air filter every three months or as recommended in the user manual.
- Clean Your Unit’s Exterior: Make sure to clean away any dirt and debris from around your outdoor condenser unit – this will allow it to breathe easier and provide efficient cooling.
- Check for Refrigerant Leaks: Hiring a professional AC repair in Hawthorn Woods, IL is the safest way to check for refrigerant leaks and ensure that your AC has enough coolant if needed. However, you can also look for signs of leaking on your own such as corrosion, wet spots, and ice around the valves.
- Clear Away Vents and Coils: To keep air flowing freely, clean away any dirt or debris from the unit’s vents and coils – this will help ensure that your AC is working properly.
- Check Your Thermostat: Make sure to check your thermostat settings now and then to make sure they are properly calibrated. This will allow you to adjust the temperature as needed to maximize comfort levels in your home while keeping energy costs low.
These DIY AC maintenance tips for Lake Zurich, IL homeowners should help you keep your unit running efficiently all season long without having to spend a lot of money on professional services. However, if you do find yourself in need of more extensive AC repair services or looking to schedule air conditioner maintenance in Long Grove, IL, make sure to call a professional technician like Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. for help. This will ensure that your home is properly prepared for the summer heat!
At Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., we have been providing quality AC repair and installation services to the Lake Zurich, IL area for over 30 years. Give us a call today at 847-540-9585 to learn more about our services and schedule an appointment with one of our experienced technicians.