If your AC unit is on the fritz, don’t sweat it! There are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the problem before calling in a professional. In this article, we’ll walk you through some common issues and their solutions.
Issue #1: The unit isn’t cooling the room
This is the most common AC issue. If your unit isn’t cooling the room, there are a few things you can check before scheduling AC repair in Long Grove, IL:
- Make sure the thermostat is set to “cool” and that the temperature is lower than the current room temperature.
- Check the air filter and replace it if it’s dirty. A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and prevent the unit from cooling properly.
- Check for debris around the outdoor unit. If leaves or other debris are blocking the airflow, it can prevent the unit from cooling properly.
If these solutions don’t fix the problem, it’s time to call in a professional AC repair company like Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning.
Issue #2: The unit is making strange noises
It could be a warning of a major problem. Here are a few things to check:
- First, check to see if the noise is coming from the outdoor unit or the indoor unit. If it’s coming from the outdoor unit, it could be a sign that the fan blades are hitting something. If it’s coming from the indoor unit, it could be a sign that the evaporator coils are frozen.
- If the noise is coming from the outdoor unit, turn off the power to the unit and check the fan blades. If they’re hitting something, you’ll need to adjust them.
- If the noise is coming from the indoor unit, turn off the power to the unit and check the evaporator coils. If they’re frozen, you’ll need to thaw them out.
Issue #3: The unit is leaking water
If your AC unit is leaking water, there are a few things you can check:
- First, make sure that the unit is properly leveled. If it’s not, the water may be leaking out due to gravity.
- Second, check the condensate drain to see if it’s clogged. A clogged drain can cause water to back up and leak out of the unit.
- Finally, inspect the evaporator coils for any leaks. If there are any leaks, they’ll need to be repaired before the unit will work properly again.
If you’re still having trouble with your AC unit, it’s best to look for AC service near me in Long Grove, IL. They’ll be able to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs.
Looking for AC repair in Long Grove, IL?
Our team at Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning is here to help! We’re experienced in AC repair and can help you get your unit back up and running in no time. Contact us today at 847-540-9585 to schedule a service or to enquire about our exclusive AC maintenance cost in Barrington, IL, and surrounding areas!