If your furnace stops working in the middle of winter, it can create a stressful situation. Homeowners need to be prepared to handle an emergency furnace repair in Lake Zurich, IL. This article explains eight tips for handling an emergency furnace repair that will help you stay safe and keep your home comfortable while getting the problem fixed quickly.
1) Don’t panic – It is important to remain calm when dealing with a furnace emergency. Panicking won’t solve anything and could make the situation worse. Take a few deep breaths before taking any action.
2) Check your circuit breaker – Start by checking your fuse box or circuit breaker, as this may have tripped due to too much power being used by the furnace or other electrical problems in the home.
3) Check your thermostat and power switch – Make sure that your thermostats are set properly and that any switches controlling the furnace have not been turned off. Also, check to make sure there is a fresh battery installed in the wall unit for more modern systems.
4) Assess if it’s safe to stay in your home – If you smell gas or detect carbon monoxide, be sure to leave the home immediately and contact emergency services as well as a professional service provider. It is not safe to remain in an environment with elevated levels of these hazardous gases.
5) Contact a professional HVAC technician – An experienced technician will be able to diagnose and fix the problem quickly. Be sure to contact a reputable service provider who is certified and insured.
6) Ask for a quote for all services – A professional technician will be able to provide you with an estimate of the cost of repairs, so make sure to ask for this before proceeding with any work. If you are hiring a pro for furnace tune-up in Barrington, IL, be sure to ask for a quote that includes all services.
7) Make sure the repairs are done properly – Most technicians will provide you with an itemized list of the parts that need to be replaced or repaired. Check the list carefully and make sure that everything is covered before agreeing to proceed with the work.
8) Schedule regular maintenance – Regular preventative maintenance can help keep your furnace running smoothly and reduce the risk of needing emergency repairs in the future. Keep up with regular furnace maintenance in your Hawthorn Woods, IL home to ensure optimal performance and fewer costly repairs.
By taking the time to prepare for an emergency furnace repair, homeowners can ensure that their home stays warm and comfortable all winter long. With these tips in mind, you can be sure that any unexpected repairs are handled quickly and safely so that you don’t have to worry about a cold night or a large bill.
Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. is an experienced provider of furnace repair and maintenance services in the Barrington, IL area. Contact us today at 847-540-9585 to learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment. Our certified technicians will ensure that your furnace is running efficiently and safely all winter long.